Mp3 Player

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Music-My Breath!

MUSIC-The Magic five letter word which keeps me alive and agile.Its not just something i love but i actually live with it .You may ask me "What is so special/unique about this?"- Music is a form of art which originated across the world,amongst various cultures,passed through many generations and something which would never die and live amongst humans till the world ends (Hopefully not 2012 :P).Its just a union of vocals and instruments which can express all kinds of emotions/situations and what not.It can range from being purely divine to highly profane.It has no sub-classing based on region/religion/caste and unites humans across the globe.Something without which dance wouldn't have even existed!!
Part 1 - Music had always been a part of my life right since i was a baby, my mother used to sing a lullaby to make me sleep.There are no words to express my gratitude to my mom for taking the gamble of sending me to music classes when I was about 6 years old.That is when I started understanding music and picked up the art pretty decently.Those were the years when cassettes and walkmans ruled the world of music.Like any other music freak i badly wanted them. I used to await for every new tamil movie song release and would never miss anything.From Ilayaraja's evergreen melodies to ARR's mind-blowing masterpieces,from TNB,MSS to Nithyashree,Sudha Ragunathan,from MJ to Back street boys music from various cultures boggled my mind and kept me afresh.I had even tried my luck with other classical instruments.First it was violin-I dropped out of it immediately and then mridangam-did a good job.But my teacher bullied me to a great extent that i decided to call it a day.(Injustice to things we learn :P).Later i had to forgo my classical music classes for unavoidable reasons but still some things i learnt can never be erased.Such was the impact.
Part2-College-My theatre of dreams.A place i can never forget not only for the amazing friends/fun but also because if not for it i wouldn't have got the freedom to access various songs not only in tamil but also introduced me to the world of English and Hindi music(other than Rahmans.. :)). I still feel envious about guys at our pilani campus who have an amazing Music club unlike my college during that time."Give me some sunshine...Wanna grow up once again .! :) " .Cant forget the day when my friends were irresistibly patient in the Tyagaraja utsav-classical music concert only because i was singing :D .And the prayer songs which i used to sing, well ahead of college function beginning, with very few audience( yeah u guessed it right.Bunch of old people -"The so called guests" and my poor friends :P ) .The numerous group songs and male duet with Nitin.The memories will remain with me forever. @College friends - Thanks a ton guys.Without your support i wouldnt have been what I am now! :)
Part3-Present-The journey continues.My music database has increased vastly,now with my techy gadgets-( ipod and Sony W-series) i am even more happier.The best part i like about my job is that i will be able to hear music and work at the same time :D .I want to learn keyboard through which i could reproduce the strange flow of music which occurs in my mind at times.Waiting for that to happen soon. There is one crazy impossible wish - "To enjoy all the best songs on earth ":) . I know its silly but i will keep trying till i die ;) ..
My Prayers - "Dear God,Please don't make me deaf & dumb.Instead you can take away my life!!"
For all fellow Music freaks- Please don't miss hearing the best ones since its in a different language.Coz Music is a language by itself :)..

10 comments:

  1. My prayers - 'Dear God please make me blind when ever i see this guys blog!!' lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr.Music is my soul ... do somethin for wat u learnt n dn stop jus by listenin .. aniyayathuku old tamil movie dialogues aanalum .. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;)I like the post...but konjam too my senti @ places! but I hope the post is not jus words...get things to action..continue your passion...learn more stuff...now isn't reallyyy too late!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning my name in ur prestigious blog with other big names like ARR and illayaraja. Truly I m humbled and honoured..

    ReplyDelete
  5. vijay comment s de best!!...n nithin lil bit over hyped..don read inbetween de lines buddy!!

    @vignesh gud blog...but i feel ur makin it a lil too dramatic...reduce de dramatisation n many ll be feelin wid u!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @All-Thanks for ur feedbacks.ll try improvising :)
    @Vijay- Hope God reads your prayers completely and doesn't miss out the "when ever.." part :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. shaba!!!! all this and yet u struggle to sing a song wen we ask u to sing in some function!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. good post da.. why r u getting very senti nowadays?? or in raak's language, why r u opening ur windows?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post:) Music is a Way of life indeed!!

    ReplyDelete